Date: July 20 to 22, 2017
Venue: Yongpyong Resort, Republic of Korea
Theme: “Olympic Movement and the Development of Sustainable Sport Industry in Asia”
Sport management scholars and researchers all over the world are invited to participate in the 13th Asian Association of Sport Management (AASM) Conference by submitting academic abstracts related to the main theme of the conference. Abstracts from both finished and on-going research are both accepted.
The mode of participation can be either:
- Oral presentation (25 minutes, including Q & A discussion). Please note that one author can make only one oral presentation but can submit a maximum of three papers with joined co-authors.
- Poster presentation (90cm x 120cm board).
Deadline for Abstract Submissions: All abstracts should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 23:59 p.m. (KST, Korea Standard Time) on April 30, 2017.
- Abstracts must be submitted online in a MS Word document file format
- The submitted abstracts must have not been published in any publications or presented in any conferences in the past
- The accepted abstracts become the organizer’s properties. Hence, authors should not publish them in any publications or present them in other conferences in the future
- The accepted abstracts will be reprinted in the Conference Abstract. If necessary, some editorial corrections will be made and there will not be an opportunity for authors to revise their abstracts
- Authors cannot be added after the abstract submission deadline
- Submission of an abstract indicates that at least one author will register for and attend the 2017 AASM conference to present his or her work
- All abstracts will be subject to blind review
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be made 14 days after submission
Abstract Style Guidelines
- Language: grammatically correct English
- Length: no more than 600 words
- Font: 12-point Times New Roman
- Title: all capital letters; center-aligned
- Page layout: 8.5 x 11 inch paper with 1-inch margins on all sides
Abstract submission must include the following information:
- Presentation category: empirical or conceptual
- Participation mode: oral or poster
- Author information: include all author(s)’ name(s), affiliation(s), and email(s); place an asterisk(*) following the corresponding author’s name ; the presenter’s name must be bold and underlined
- Abstract content should include background, objectives, methods, results, discussion, and keywords; figures and tables are not acceptable
The following guidelines are to be observed by all presenters in order to facilitate both the presenters and the conference program. Once accepted and duly registered, all oral presentations have been scheduled in 30-minute sessions within the conference schedule.
- It is important to design your talk to fit within a 15-20 minute time frame. This will allow 5 minutes for questions and discussion and 5 minutes for movement between presentations. The Chair of each session will be instructed to ensure that the time allocated is followed.
- In each presentation room, there will be a lectern computer that will be running Windows with Office 2010 or latest version. Save your files as a .ppt rather than .pptx to ensure compatibility.
- Please email your presentation files to firstname.lastname@example.org at least five days before the conference begins. Also, save your presentation as a .ppt on a memory stick.
- Your presentation, once submitted, will be checked to ensure that it is compatible and that all parts are readable. It will then be transferred to the lectern computer that will be used in your allocated presentation room.
Again, all abstracts must be submitted to email@example.com NO LATER THAN 23:59 p.m. (KST, Korea Standard Time) on April 30, 2017. Visit www.aasm2017.com for more information.